Monday, June 21, 2010

Goals? What are those?

In the world of Things That Feed Marcus, summertime is my busiest time of the year. I fear my writing goals are not being met, and that I should accept that this will continue to be the case until the slow-down in September. What breaks I am taking from financially motivated work are being spent doing things like going backpacking, exploring side streets with neon-lit mosques, and finally dealing with the room full of stuff (mostly Star Trek paraphernalia) that belonged to my (now-deceased) mother.

My health is largely maintaining its upward trend. I am most pleased by this. I must continue to work on realistic goal setting and recognize that just because I am feeling better, I cannot simply take on the whole world all at once.

As a side note, if you like pulp & fantasy, they don't get much pulpy fantasier (amg the words I make up) than The Dresden Files. This is excellent reading-on-the-bus material. It's got bad puns, a bit of grunge, and gritty detective stories with the added spice of magic & the paranormal. Satisfied my junk food craving good and proper. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment