Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Son be a Deeeentiiiiiiist.

This week is thusfar thin on writing and does not promise to get any heavier what with the current state of agony that is the inside of my mouth. Who doesn't love paying $1,400.00+ for three hours of torture? I get to do it again next year, but then I'm through. Hopefully for a few decades more at least.

However! I do have a reading suggestion for those of you who enjoy fantasy. Even moreso for people like me who adore character-driven plots, witty narrative, and clever dialogue. The First Law trilogy by Joe Abercrombie is an absolute delight to read. Some books I take my time to savor, read a chapter here and there, and splice other books into my reading schedule because their prose is so wonderful and thick (*cough* Neil Stephenson *cough*). These books are more the sort that you want to clear a few hours of your life away in order to plop down and devour the words from cover to cover. Don't say I didn't warn you.

At least I'm going slower on the re-read.

No comments:

Post a Comment